HEALTH AND SAFETY
At ENHAS we believe that safety is as simple as ABC (Always Be Careful) and safety never takes a break!
Over the years, ENHAS strategic partnership with Uganda Civil Aviation Authority has grown in stature serving with a commitment to her slogan “Safety First”. As part of the safety measures, security and safety are key to the company’s operations.
Promoting a culture
A prominent feature of our “Safety First” identity is our continual focus on safety and security. These are fundamental aspects of our business. We are committed to achieving the highest possible safety and security standards for our people, our customers and their passengers.
We have long held ISAGO certification and in early 2014, we introduced a Tri-logical tracking system which has enhanced efficient GSE operation and minimized damage of ground equipment. Ramp drivers can only operate GSE they are certified to operate whether supervised or not.
Our recently developed internal initiative, Tri-logical tracking system and “Safety police” concept, defines and reinforces our approach to safety. The goal is to develop a strong safety culture that will create and reinforce safe behaviours at all levels of our organisation. We aim at creating a personal responsibility for ourselves, our colleagues and our customers no matter where and what we do. The message is a simple one: Safety is everyone’s business.
ENHAS Safety policy includes the following initiatives:
- ENHAS is a certified ISAGO provider by IATA.
- ENHAS is committed to providing a safe, health and clean work environment.
- ENHAS staffs undergo rigorous safety training.
- ENHAS managers jointly with staff are responsible to uphold safety values and aim at accident free workplace.
- ENHAS safety Officer is the custodian of safety standards.
- ENHAS staff who report accidents immediately are not punished.